Join me and the gaggle of hosts for this fun read-along. They have twisted it into something new and fun…a Scavenger Hunt.
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) – Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) – Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) – Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) – Tina @ Tina’s Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) – Missie @ The Unread Reader
Chapter 16-20 Discussion Questions:
1. In Chapter 16 David and Sarah are attacked by freezer zombies in chef attire. Despite its rotten food and disgusting kitchen, lets think about what it could of been before the attack, give me a picture of your dream kitchen of a pic of you cooking your favorite food in your own kitchen…or both!!! I have a great little kitchen. And part of what makes it great is that my husband and daughter cook most of the meals. WINNING! So if I had to pick something better, how about Chef Ramsay cooking in my kitchen and Beckham to keep me distracted till the food is ready.
2. In Chapter 16, David winds up killing those freezer zombies with a ___. Show me your best one…and yes it must be yours!!! He killed them with a machete right? We actually have one, but couldn’t find it in the garage. I was going to do my whole Father Hidalgo Orozco mural pose. *sigh* You’ll have to settle with the next closest thing I had.
3. In Chapter 17, David and Sarah find themselves with some cult like people and wind up trapped. How would you escape? Ropes? Blankets…show me your best. I really didn’t want to de-sheet my beds to faux-escape. We do have climbing ropes at our house, but wouldn’t probably have them on us at the time we need them. Also to escape our house, we would just walk out the door or pop the screen. One story…not too hard. But back in my fitter-younger years, I wasn’t too afraid to go dangling from a rope.
4. In Chapter 19, David and Sarah find a surprise in the car they stole…in the midst of crazy its a nice welcome. Now whip me up your favorite one and share…you can include recipes!!!! I’m not a whiskey drinker, but I am a margarita expert. You can always go higher end tequila, but the Mikki-rita is my staple drink. Sauza Gold tequila, Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix, and red wine. Obviously it depends on your taste for the ratio. We call them Mikki-ritas, because my friend Mikki first made them for me. I’ve tried different mixes and they all suck.
5. In Chapter 20, Sarah gets to kill a zombie with a cash register, bringing back memories of her worst retail job ever…so tell me whats the worst job you’ve had…if you can include pictures in your uniform I will die laughing…or a picture of the place you worked will be good too… I actually have a picture of me in my Kroger smock from the 80s…yes, tres beautiful. But I can’t find it. I used to have checking nightmares. I would sit up in my bed checking. The alarm clock was the display. I would get so frustrated, because I couldn’t find the till to give anyone change. I also worked at Six Flags sweeping and slinging fries.