Join me and the gaggle of hosts for this fun read-along. They have twisted it into something new and fun…a Scavenger Hunt.
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) – Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) – Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) – Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) – Tina @ Tina’s Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) – Missie @ The Unread Reader
Chapter 21-26 Discussion Questions:
1. In Chapter 21, David and Sarah venture into a grocery store to try to find some essentials. Show us a picture of the top three items you consider your essentials when you are shopping. These 3 get purchased every week.
2. Sarah and David travel quite a distance to “visit” a family member. Show us a picture of your most recent family vacation. Who did you visit where did you go? We did a weekend in New Braunfels last summer, but I’m not sure where any of the pictures are and the water wasn’t flowing. We are mostly in a Stay-Cation phase of our life due to our brokeness. The dogs prefer it that way too.
3. Sarah refers to David’s sister as a Martha Stewart type because she likes to make things from scratch. Show us a picture of a hobby or home project you get enthusiastic about making/doing. I really like making t-shirts. Give me some foam and fabric paint and I can figure out something. I really would love to have and learn how to screen print. I owe Missie a Yoda with Texas on his mind.
4. David and Sarah decide to start up their own Zombie exterminator business, and even come up with a name and slogan for it. “S and D Zombie Extermination. We take care of your undead issues.” If you opened up your own zombie killing business, what would you call it, and what would your slogan be? I probably used the wrong punctuation, but I always do.
5. What were your favorite/least favorite parts of Married with Zombies? Aside from David and Sarah, who was your favorite/least favorite character? I really liked how David and Sarah inter-played with each other and how they handled what came at them. The dialogue was quick, not too much banter. I felt that they stayed true to who they were as people before the zombies. They started to appreciate each other and grow closer, but it wasn’t forced or over the top. All the other characters, except for maybe Amanda, really were in the background. But if I had to pick one, I would say stripper zombie throwing her high heel at them made me laugh. I just loved it all. It was fun.
6. What do you think is coming up next for David and Sarah? Which do you think has a better chance of survival, their marriage or their humanity? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book? I will so keep reading the series. Let’s see the next one is called Flip the Zombie. I’m thinking we are going to see them going house to house evicting their zombie inhabitants. I think their marriage has a chance, but I think they might get a little jaded toward the zombies. They’ve already shown that they can shoot now and ask questions later.