Oh my goodness, this book just keeps getting better and better. It is bringing me great joy. Stop the presses! Claire got the opportunity to really decide Frank or Jamie. It was heart breaking. Blog hop with us the next few Mondays and follow the discussion on twitter #OutlanderRA.
June 11th – Questions for chapters 1-7 announced at Gone with the Words
June 18th – Questions for chapters 1-7 answered & questions announced for chapters 8-14 at Stalking the Bookshelves
June 25th – Questions for chapters 8-14 answered & questions announced for chapters 15-21 on Tangled up in Blue
July 2nd – Questions for chapters 15-21 answered & questions announced for chapters 22-28 on Into the Hall of Books
July 9th – Questions for chapters 22-28 answered & questions announced for chapters 29-35 on Logan E. Turner
July 16th – Questions for chapters 29-35 answered & questions announced for chapters 36-41 on The Reading Housewives
July 23rd – Questions for chapters 36-41 answered on Gone with the Words. The end.
Chapter 22-28 Discussion:
1. How do you feel about Claire disobeying Jamie and the resulting punishment he brings forth on her for this? Do you feel that Jamie’s punishment was justified by the fact that everyone was put in danger by Claire’s actions? Finally, did Jamie’s vow with Claire’s dagger do anything to sway your thoughts or change your mind on how you initially feel/felt about this punishment?
I probably would have done the same thing Claire did, hopefully not getting caught. But I think their was a punishment needed, especially throwing more trouble at our merry Scotts. What are the choices? He can’t take away her credit cards or cut her household budget. I find nothing wrong with a good spanking. It is definitely a reminder that “I don’t want to do that again.” It makes you stop and think. I’m sure it was quite humiliating for Claire, but I think it may have been standard for the time. I totally don’t remember the dagger, except that she couldn’t get to it during the Randall thing…I think.
2. Just for tun, what was your reaction to the suspicious black spot Claire spotted on the floor near the area where Jamie was sleeping? Did you have any theories to what it might have been before it was revealed to be a BED BUG!!
I think they were on the bed when that black spot was moving around. I was expecting to be horrified, but I wasn’t expecting bed bugs. I was thinking mouse and holy crap. I was shocked by Jamie’s flippant reaction to it. But I would have been sleeping on the floor with them after the run in.
3. With regard to the ‘changeling’ baby Claire and Geilie spotted in the wild–if it were you back then and you happened upon a changeling baby in the wild in a circumstance such as this, do you think you’d have reacted most like Claire or Geilie? Explain.
I would have done the same thing as Claire, especially since she had already picked up the baby before Geilie told her the deal. That little superstition is quite troublesome. I know they are ignorant, but it sounds like a load of hooey. How do you reconcile fairies and their Catholic witch hunt. Hello!!! Hypocrite. But if I’d have known, I wouldn’t have gone near. It makes me sad, but I can’t do any good if I’m burning at the stake.
4. Share your thoughts on Geilie Duncan. Is there anything that surprised you about her story or were you suspicious of her from the beginning?
Mixed. I liked her, but I knew it was going to bring trouble. I knew she was totally poisoning her husband before the whole pregnancy thing was revealed. Come on Dougal, keep it in your pants. Don’t be letting the crazy Jacobite patriot play you. I totally knew when Claire headed out that the witch was going to hit the fan. But I wasn’t sure if it was green-with-envy-lassie or the witch that called for her. Geilie should have let her know who was targeting her and then she wouldn’t have fell for it. The most interesting thing was the ARSENIC. OMG! Do we think she may have fallen through the stones too? hmmm OR just an enterprising murderer. Did she really think she would get away with it? We’ve seen this story over and over again. Hot chick & a daft old man. *raises eyebrow* What the crap with Colon? A trial, I didn’t know there was a trial.
5. Your thoughts on Jamie’s LAST REASON for wanting to marry Claire–the one he had been so secretive about. Go!
That is totally why Jamie is elevated to one of my favorite men of all time. I totally get him trying to protect his pride, just in case she didn’t reciprocate his love. He put every humbling thing about himself out there for her. I understand him keeping that little bit of his heart till he knew for sure that it wasn’t just business. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the wrestling and giggling that followed.
More than anything….How about that choice? Frank and air-conditioning or Jamie and bed bugs. Jamie’s dried tears. *heart broken and mended*