- Read-a-long: Outlander Week 4: Chapters 22-28
- Review: City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (lots of snogging)
- Review: Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach (liked)
- T.G.I.F.: Swoon-worthy Quotes
- Book & a TV Show: Bitterblue + Arabian Nights
- Back from visiting my sister. Exposed to Hand-Foot-Mouth disease. Yipee! Luckily we didn’t get. My mom did not succumb to the intense heat of DC as I forced to go see memorials on the evening trolley tour.
- Started following the Paleo food principles. It is going well and I’m feeling better. Also, some of those pesky pounds are coming off. I haven’t been able to budge the scale in a good while, so this feels really good. 4 pounds this week.
- It was nice to have a week of working out and mostly reading.
- Friday, July 20th is the YA Crush Tournament vote between Ash from The Iron Fey and some other guy. Make sure you Vote.
- Reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Jamie gets yummier. This is the last week of the Read-a-long. I think I might cry. Luckily there is a new one in August. Look at my sidebar. Woohoo!
- Finished Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach. It was good, odd boy read.
- Finished Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I knew it would be great and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Cricket, I’ll love you forever.
- Finished Dreamfever (Fever #4) by Karen Marie Moning. OMG! Finally what I’ve been anxiously waiting for. Give me more, give me more!
- Listening to A Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10) by Kim Harrison.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Nathan Bransford did a great piece Are We Stripping Modern Books Bare? Very balance on the merits of the past and present.
- Book Riot on The Great Gatsby and Literature’s Temporal Relativity
- BuzzFeed has a graphic on Harry Potter Characters in the Books vs. in the Movies
- The Insatiable Booksluts vented on Reading Rage Tuesday: When authors attack bloggers kamikaze-style I’m so glad I’m off the radar and some how miss the rants. I like catching up in brief.
- Anne Browning Walker did a great piece for Huffington Post on Why Smart Women Read Romance Novels. She did a great job. I love strong women and I like them to get what they want. What a better way to encourage a happy marriage? A good woman and some good sex is all a good man really wants. Oh, and some food.
- Ruby @ Ruby’s Reads hosted a great debate about if Bloggers Should Comment on Comments. Great points on both sides and great comments.
- Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal discussed her 2 Biggest Blogging Woes. We share one in common.
- dynasty soap opera…no, it’s Dallas that is back on.
- badass shuffling quotes…shuffling, like zombies?
- fangtastic…I do like me some fang, but I’m hopping Deadlocked with by fangtastic.
- read fire by kristin cashore…that is what I’ve been saying.
- the best book…I have a long list, but will you tell me yours?
- book grease…do you really need grease? My pages flip just fine without it.
- goonie abe…I do have a goonie abe. It’s a t-shirt of Abe Lincoln with a Cat in the Hat hat on.
- grease werewolves…what is it with grease? Now I could think of a few werewolves I wouldn’t mind greasing. Clay.
- why did georgina sell her soul?…it is kind of sad story, but it is worth reading Succubus Blues to find out. But the book isn’t sad, it is AWESOME and funny.
- B&N Freebies: Bonded, The Keeping, The Finding, The Mating by Nicky Charles; Connections by Selena Kitt; Raven Strike by Dale Brown; A Little Harmless Gift and A Little Harmless Surprise by Melissa Schroeder; A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day
- Amazon Freebie: Drawn by Marie Lamba