- Music Monday: Married with Zombies
- Monthly Reading Recap: July
- Review: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (Loved)
- Review: Hexed by Kevin Hearne (Laughed)
- Read-along: First Grave on the Right Week 1
- T.G.I.F.: Book Olympics
- Reading, Working Out and Soccer Drama. Pretty much the usual for a few weeks more, then it is back to work.
- Oh, and we are trying not to spontaneously combust in this freaking heat.
- Finished Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John and loved it.
- Finished One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost. Not my favorite in the series.
- Currently Reading Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles #4) by Kevin Hearne. I’m liking it a lot more than Hammered.
- Current Read-along is First Grave to the Right by Darynda Jones and I’m loving it so far. It makes me laugh. She kind of reminds me of Georgina Kincaid, so far.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Bite My Books is going after Shitty YA Boy Toy: Gideon from Ruby Red. This meme cracks me up. Ruby Red is still a historical time travel that I want to read. I can’t wait to see if I think he deserves his title.
- Profiling Mysteries Week is August 20-25th hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog, Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. I can’t wait to see what books they list for each category.
- Smash shared with us Kill Them With Kindness a short story she wrote.
- Literary Exploration talks about the Numbers Game.
- The Nerdy Book Club shared YARN’s Top 10 YA Literary Reads. Man, I have so much more to read.
- Kagawa gave the Team Ash supporters a little Thank You Shirtless Ice-Boy Love. I can’t wait for more from The Iron Fey Series. LOVE IT!
- Pushing the Limits has been getting MAJOR HYPE. Missie @ The Unread Reader gives us a little balance.
- Belle’s Bookshelf twisted off on Charlaine Harris’ Deadlocked. It made me laugh.
- Scorching Book Reviews is hosting a BDSM Blog Hop for all those that are recovering from their Fifty Shades of Gray hangover.
- The Book Addict’s Guide talks about Are Books Back? books influence on Hollywood and her own bookish story.
- team tucker…forever.
- ink exchange love triangle…is pretty awesome.
- puck and meghan…I have to admit I’m a #teamPuck, but not for Meghan for ME.
- setting of rot and ruin…zombies everywhere.
Operation TBR: I was a good girl this week. [+3 for the Week; +1 for August]
- Half-Price Books Buys: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost and Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
- B&N Freebies: Ten Shades of Sexy, Ethereal by Addison Moore, Crux by Moira Rogers
- B&N Buys: The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater