Charley had me laughing through all five chapters. She is a “sarcasm connoisseur” and I love how she handles all the men in her life. But I think I need some more Mr. Bad.
Here is where we’ll be:
1st Wk – 8/2 Love of Books ~ Ch 1-5
2nd Wk – 8/9 Babbling About Books and Stuff ~ Ch 6-10
3rd Wk – 8/16 In the Closet With a Bibliophile ~ Ch 11- 15
4th Wk – 8/23 Rainy Day Ramblings ~ Ch 16-21
5th Wk – 8/30 Darynda Jones Q&A + winners announcement
1. Shiny objects and old family stories are told in this chapter, including an old nickname for our dear Charley. What was the nickname her uncle Bob gave her when she was little? Do you have an old nickname from when you were a kid? You can share it, and if it’s really embarrassing we won’t mind. *wink*
Calamity Jane. Love it. I used to love Doris Day in Calamity Jane. “I just got back from the windy city. The windy city was might pretty…” I really didn’t have nicknames. On occasion, they boys would call me “Amy Cannon, go boom”. I’ve got quite a booty.
2. In this chapter we met someone. A really special guy named Rocket. Now, my memory is not what it used to be, and I just can’t remember what makes him so special. Can you tell me what makes this particular ghost unique among all the others? And how about you? What can you do that makes you special? Anything? Jump on one foot for a really long time counts. *giggle*
Keeps up with the dead. *scratches head* I’m pretty un-remarkable, but maybe that is what makes me special. I dabble in cheap crafts and can usually figure a way to make something with my limited skills.
3. Charley is really *cough* not your ordinary girl. She does something that, well, there’s no way around it. She named parts of her body and the names are…oh crap, I forgot. Just my luck. *sigh* But I’m sure you guys can say what part of her body she named and what the names were. And, since we are on the matter, have you ever named a part of your body? If so, what was it and what was the name? Come on, don’t be shy. *wink + crooked smile*
She named her boobs, “Danger” and “Will Robinson”. I was hoping Garrett would inquiry why, but alas he fails me. Nope.
4. We all have our little secrets. Things we don’t tell anyone, not even our bff. Charley is no different, but in this chapter she shares her little secret with her bff. What did you think about her reaction? What would be yours?
It was very Cookie-like. A little bit of wonder + need for elaboration and back story + 100% belief in Charley regardless. I would be the same, but I may have wanted the shower scene as an appetizer to that meaty meal.
5. In this chapter, Charley continues her heart-to-heart with her bff and comes up with some theories about our fave badboy/possible ghost. What do you think of it? Can it be? What do you think about him? Hot? Double chocolate hot? Super duper caramel chocolate cake with cherry on top hot?
I don’t quite have a picture of Reyes yet in my head, but the bed, shower and office sexual assault are definitely hot. I can’t quite rap my head around Mr. Bad and Reyes. Are they one in the same? Or is there just something to this “Dutch” thing we just don’t get yet? Any whoo, I’m along for the ride and enjoying every minute of it.