This book is so rocking fun. Charlie is my kind of gal. My kind of gal that gets in my kind of freaky situations. Well except I’m not the reaper, but my last name comes close. Deatherage. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. *crosses fingers, so I win it*
Here is where we’ll be:
1st Wk – 8/2 Love of Books ~ Ch 1-5
2nd Wk – 8/9 Babbling About Books and Stuff ~ Ch 6-10
3rd Wk – 8/16 In the Closet With a Bibliophile ~ Ch 11- 15
4th Wk – 8/23 Rainy Day Ramblings ~ Ch 16-21
5th Wk – 8/30 Darynda Jones Q&A + winners announcement
1. One of my favorite aspects of this book are the witty snippets at the beginning of every chapter. I especially like the t-shirt quotes. What is the funniest t-shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? If you had a t-shirt that best described you what would it say? These fit all of the above.
2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book. Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones? How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times a day or night? Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house?
It would be too exhausting, especially since it doesn’t pay. Oh heck no, I need my sleep and that would be horrible. Being woke up at night by a ghost!!! Now I would like a Mr. Wong only if the whole family could see him. It would be better than a pet fish. And I couldn’t kill it. Ha, Ha :)
3. Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes’ past. Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene? Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish?
I totally understand that Reyes wanted to protect her and that she understands how important it is. BUT I don’t know if I could totally stand by for the sake of protecting me. It would be hard, but I think I might honor their wishes if it was to end their suffering. Hmmm…well I guess he is in a coma, but can Satan’s son be in a coma. Hard one.
4. In Chapter 19, Charley confronts the bad guy and finds herself in yet another situation where she gets her ass kicked. Do you like the fact that Charley consistently ends up getting her butt handed to her? What are your overall thoughts on Charley?
I like both kickass heroines and those that are kickass on the inside. I couldn’t take anyone down, so I appreciate when they are aren’t indestructible. I want to be able to connect with the females somehow. I love Charley. She is perfect…OR my kind of perfect. Funny. Sarcastic. Real. Doesn’t mind going toe-to-toe in a man’s world or on men’s terms.
5. Chapter 20 is a big, hot, smoking chapter. We finally get some answers on Reyes. Does the revelation change your opinion of him? Do you think he can overcome his “nature” and be a good person or is Charley in big trouble?
I don’t think there is much that has changed. I like a bad boy and he has enough edge to qualify. But I think he has proven to be good. All the deaths we know he dished out were for good reasons. I don’t think Charley is in trouble, because of Reyes. But it does sound like there is something bigger and badder that wants her and I didn’t quite wrap my brain around why. So I need to read on…