- Music Monday: Fighting to Survive
- Recommend A: Blogger with Similar Tastes
- Festival: Austin Teen Book Festival TBR Pile
- Review: Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
- Review: Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
- Review: Shine by Jeri Ready-Smith
- Read-along: Marbury Lens Week 1 @ Smash Attack Reads
- Sorry I missed last week. We were in Plano for a Soccer Tournament that consumed me entirely. I didn’t even get to pick up a book or audiobook. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. We had 2 tire issues. Not fun, but could have been way worse. I still don’t think me and my family has recovered.
- Teaching and chauffeuring is whats on tap most of the time. I’ve been so exhausted when I get to sit down that I’m not getting anything read. I think I’ve finished 1 book it the last 2 weeks. No bueno. My soul needs fiction to recharge. I hope this week smooths out. NOT.
- I had a CT Scan last week. It made my pocketbook cry. The last 2 times I tried to workout I was met with blasting, pounding, skull-splitting headaches. They say my CT Scan was normal. Jokes on them. I still haven’t been able to shake it. My workout life is on hold and it is affecting me. Sucktards.
- Like I said earlier, I’ve only been able to finish one book. My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland. It is fun and I just love Angel. I needed her this week and she came through. She offered me some perspective. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
- Still Reading…Goliath by Scott Westerfeld. It is good, but I just can’t make headway in it. I do like that it is bringing Mexico and Yellow Journalism into the WWI fray.
- Still Listening to…Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel. It’s pretty good, but has a lot going on. I just can’t seem to get the darn thing finished.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Epic Reads has 4 Great Book Deals for You. If you haven’t read Under the Never Sky, here is your chance on the cheap.
- The Insatiable Booksluts go ragey over Fan Fiction.
- NY Times uncovered some of the caginess of book reviewing.
- Banned Book Week is coming up soon. September 30-October 6th.
- Austin Teen Book Festival is September 29th. Neil Shusterman & Libba Bray will be there.
- If you want to know what is HOT convention wise, stalk Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog.
- Kelly shamed me in her review of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I still haven’t read one of his books, though I stalk him on twitter. I must get this one of my TBR bookcase.
- I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to organize my Unbreaking the Shelves Challenge.
- how many pages does the book…seriously you are googling this?
- good girls never make history…that is why I try to be bad, but I’m not
- cliff notes for matched…I can tell it is school time again. Cliff notes are in high demand.
- good books to read in 2012…click around I have a ton of good ones.
- sarcastic love quotes…a googler after my own heart.
- goonies never say die…right on!
Operation TBR: +3 September
- Won: My Life as a White Trash Zombie & Even White Trash Zombies get the Blues by Diana Rowland from Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog for Mystery Week
- Half-Price Book Buys: Forever by Judy Blume for Banned Book Week and Touched by an Alien & Alien Tango by Gini Koch. I’ve been stalking these books for a while. Smash & Amanda joint reviewed the 4th in the series. I so did the happy dance when I found these books on the shelf.