- Music Monday: Five Flavors of Dumb
- Recommend A: Vacation Read
- Top Ten Tuesday: Makes You Think About
- Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
- EOY Challenge: Unbreaking the Shelves
- Review: Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz
- [Audiobook] Review: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Read-along: Marbury Lens Week 1 @ Smash Attack Reads
- My world is starting to look like something normal…for me.
- Still mostly chauffeuring The Kid around.
- Lots of art projects at school. I’ll try to get a picture or two for next week.
- Finished FINALLY…Goliath by Scott Westerfeld and Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel.
- Started and Finished Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires #4) by Rachel Caine. Still serving as Vampire Popcorn.
- Finished Why Buy the Cow? Free Ebook read Reapers by Marata Eros. Not so much likey. Too much with the raping.
- Finished Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally. This is very different from Catching Jordan. Exceptional Boys, but Parker has a lot more issues troubling her than Jordan did.
- Started Audiobook The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch and Masks of the Lost Kings by Tom Bane and still reading The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Nea Barabea @ My Life Is A Fairytale Will Never End rocked my world with her Top Ten Tuesday…Books That Make You Think.
- Comics @ XKCD commented on Atlas Shrugged. I feel like I should read this book, but then I think naaaa.
- Smash Attack Reads & The Book Vixen are tackling an Elemental Assassin Read-along of Epicness. I feel like I need to join in, but I haven’t bit on the buy bug. I will make a pilgrimage to Half-Price Books. If Estep is there too, then it will be meant to be.
- Jeannette @ The Starry-Eyed Revue reviews The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I love to stalk her Audiobook picks on Goodreads. I hate that my work blocked Goodreads for adult content, but never fear I’m still stalking you Jen.
- Book Riot comments on Darryl Campbell’s essay in their Anatomy 101: 4 Parts of a Book Review. I agree and disagree on the qualification that every book review needs to place it in a larger historical perspective. 1) Not all books are meant for that type of consumption 2) I try to look at the book as individual and rate it on its merit and not get all Hatfield & McCoy about it.
- Smash Attack Reads shares Bookish Tools & Things: Websites
- Ruby @ Ruby’s Reads discusses Bouncing Back from Reading ADD
- the druids I’m looking for…I know exactly which one I’m looking for. Come out from your hiding place, Atticus.
- scholastic book fair…that time of year and I’ve already been to one. I LOVE those rolling bookcases.
- now that I’ve found the way to fly…you need to share it with me.
- where can I find schuyler’s fifties style…I don’t know, but share.
- words of wisdom heaven…I’m thinking they have a few.
- i have a feeling that something terrible…it is the story of my life. Problem it isn’t just a feeling, it is an omen.
Operation TBR: +0 September. I was a good girl. Mostly I was too broke and too busy to buy books this week.