- Review: Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
- Banned Book Review: Forever by Judy Blume
- Banned Book Review: Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Banned Book Review: ttyl by Lauran Myracle
- Read-along: Marbury Lens Week 5 @ Smash Attack Reads
- Sorry, I totally didn’t get a Rewinders post of up last week. We spent 6 hours driving in the rain. The Austin Teen Book Festival was worth it, but I had no juice or compulsion to touch a computer Sunday. I will get a ATBF wrap post up sometime next week.
- Sidney’s schedule has kept me so busy playing taxi all week. It is seriously cramping my want and ability get posts up and is interfering with by blog hopping. She has 2 more weeks of cross country and I should get one day a week back until basketball starts. The joys and perils of motherhood.
- This week I focused on Banned and Challenged Books. I read Forever by Judy Blume. As a mom, I thought it did a great job at trying to tackle many issues that come up with teenage sexuality. I read ttyl by Lauren Myracle. I also squeezed in The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, but didn’t get my review up for it.
- I also finished the read-along for The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith. It left me with so many questions!!! And after completing 2 books about abused boys, I needed an adult fix. I just started Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells.
- Still listening to The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch. Why I don’t know? I think I’ve just been enjoying peace and quiet.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Thank you Kindle Obsessed for capturing and sharing Libba Bray’s Keynote Address @ The Austin Teen Book Festival. Part 1, 2, 3.
- YA Love alerted me to another great Banned Book I need to read, Give A Boy A Gun by Todd Strasser.
- Jen @ Starry-Eyed Revue talks Family Values and the lack of them in YA books. Why do most of them have to absent or dysfunctional?
- The Perpetual Page Turner vented on Novellas. Go weigh in.
- a bad upbringing quotes…I had it so bad…
- sid’s team finished the season in 1st…Seriously, someone searched this?
- popular teen books of 2012…I have lots. Look at my Favorite Reads tab.
- between school, working out and…Come on. Am I being stalked?
- sweet funny quotes for him…ahhh, love. *swoon*
- good girls never make history…Don’t let that discourage you. Sometimes making history isn’t that fun. Like with Marie Antoinette, she was misquoted and lost her head.
Operation TBR: +2 September + 0 October
Unbreaking the Shelves: I still haven’t completed my hard count of books on my shelf to Goodreads. I’m in a state of YUCK. My goal for 2012 is to get all my GR’s shelves up to date for 2013 and read as much as I own as possible. Stop by my TAB for this challenged. I was able to knock off quite a few of my Prioritize Books.